Saturday 20 February 2010

The Recession has taken its toll on me



Since I was a young girl, I always dreamt of being a serious career orientated woman. When I graduated from University last May, I didn't realise the pressure to find jobs would take its toll on me. Sitting on the computer day and night searching for something that just is not there is simply not an option anymore.

A recent survey by Labour shows unemployment growing fastest among 18 to 24-year-olds. The figure for young adults was 597,000 in the three months to October 2008 — up 55,000 from the three months to July 2008. Three million people of all ages are predicted to be out of work by the end of this year and at least 40 per cent, or 1.25m of them, will be under 25.

This just disturbs me, I mean after three years of keeping my head in betweeen a book and working like a crazy woman to achieve high grades, I still have no job. Sometimes I contemplate just giving it all up and working in Tesco's, not that there's anything wrong with that.

In the mean time for all the follow unemployed university graduates out there, chin up, work hard and our time will come...I hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment