Tuesday 11 May 2010

The Most Exciting Day Of My Life


Okay, so some may say I'm a fake Fulham fan (I support Arsenal), but having had a season ticket at Craven Cottage for 13 years I think I qualify as a fully fledged fan. Arsenal have been utter crap this year and to be honest i've had way more fun watching the games down in SW6 than i have at the Emirates.

Now on to the bit why I'm so excited....for many of you that don't no (particularly girls), Fulham are playing in the Europa League FInal tomorrow night in Hamburg against the mighty Spanish giants Athletico Madrid. It's my first major game and Fulham's biggest and most successful spell in their history. I mean little old Fulham who I once watched play against Leigh RMI in the old Division 3 and then Rushden & Diamonds in the cup have beaten Roma, former champions Shakthar Doneskt, Juventus, Hamburg and Wolfsburg and I can't actually believe it.

Roy Hodgson has been without a shadow of a doubt the biggest success as a manager at Fulham, keeping them in the Premier League last year and transforming them into a top tier side. His biggest reward would surely be lifting this huge trophy.

I wonder what the odds were at the beginning of the season for Fulham to be the last English team left in a European Competition. First Chelsea, then Arsenal, then Man United went out of the Champions League, then Liverpool went out of the Europa League at the Semi's and we've finally reached the final, wish i'd of put 50 quid on that.

Anyway i've got the face paint out, the Corona chilled in the fridge and my shirt ready on my bed, all that's left to say is COME ON YOU WHITES

No comments:

Post a Comment